In healthcare, it’s vital to deliver quick and reliable patient care, yet new product development and system redesigns lag. In Lean Design in Healthcare, innovation expert Adam Ward takes his intimate knowledge of the challenges healthcare organizations face and presents the Lean solution. Using the allegorical story of a fictional healthcare innovation team, Lean Design in Healthcare uses Simpler Design System principles paired with real-word scenarios to guide healthcare executives, physicians and staff to successfully disrupt failing services and start changing up client delivery.
With engaging storytelling and practical theory, Lean Design in Healthcare gives readers:
- The three, simple framework steps that take an idea from concept to successful launch.
- Insider knowledge on creating a new healthcare delivery system from scratch and how to avoid the most common failures.
- Which executive relationships are the key to getting an innovation team off the ground and why motivating them should be step one.
- Five ready-to-use templates to start prioritizing the most important projects and inspire smart decision making.
- A close look at the multiple design methodologies with the pros, the cons and how to choose the one that will make their redesign thrive.